Wednesday 25 August 2021

In Conversation ... with Sarah Cole

 

In Conversation with 
Sarah Cole


Tell us about your most recent publication. 

My name is Sarah Cole and I have been a public secondary teacher in Geelong for 13 years. I have recently written and published a young adult dystopian fiction text called 'Virozone', It is recommended for ages 12+.

Virozone is available in over 100 bookstores around Australia and NZ. Also in Ebook on Google Play and Apple. You can also order signed copies from my online store WEBSITE

Here is the blurb for Virozone-

The world as we know it has been ravaged by violence and environmental disaster. Society has been split into exclusive zones to protect what little is left. Divided by Air, Water, Soil and Fire, each zone trades what they can to survive. Certainly life is difficult, particularly as a fifth zone, the Prestige Zone, regularly takes what they like to ensure their privileged life continues to thrive.

But when 16 year old Lawlie Pearce’s mother is killed, it becomes clear that the tenuous peace between the zones is on the verge of unravelling. With a thirst for vengeance, Lawlie leaves AirZone to discover the truth and seek justice for her mother - even if she has to bring down the biggest enemy of all, Sceptre, the leader of the Prestige Zone that dominates the world that is Virozone.



Other than writing, what else do you love?

I love being a teacher, working with kids and helping them with their own writing is really fun. I'm also really enjoying being a bookstagrammer on Instagram!

What do you enjoy most about writing?

I love the fact that I am in charge of my stories and characters. If I want to create a made up world I can! It's fun!


What is the hardest aspect of being a writer?

Easy...it's finding the time! With life, work etc it's tricky to fit it in. But like anything ... if you really want it to happen you just make it work!

Writer's are sometimes influenced by things that happen in their own lives? Are you?

I have been a secondary teacher for 13 years and I really just got sick of kids, mainly girls bringing in books where the female lead character was not strong, brave or gutsy! I knew that I had to create one that was! So I did!

Top tips for writers? 

Just keep reading and writing and it doesn't matter how long it takes, how many rejections you get...if you really want to succeed just make it happen!

Five words that sum you up?

Dedicated, motivated, strong, confident and funny ( I like to think I am LOL!!).

How can we learn more about you? 

   
  



    
Thank you for joining In Conversation this week. Remember to always 
Dream Big ... Read Often.

No comments:

Post a Comment