Tuesday 3 February 2015

In Conversation with Adem Besim

 

Today we welcome debut author Adem Besim.
He is going to share some of his journey to getting published by Morris Publishing Australia

 
Tell us a little about your writing journey.
Well, I guess it all began when I was a child and enjoyed sitting in on author visits at school and going into the writing works shops that were held for students most interested. I loved every minute of it. When I was a teenager, I started working on stories, but never finished them completely. It was when I received the idea for my first book that I stuck to it and was very determined to get it done. That was when I was twenty. Now at twenty-three, that book is published and my dream came true, thanks to Morris Publishing Australia.
 
What do you enjoy most about being a writer?
Creating story plots and fictional characters and making whatever you want to happen, happen. Being in control of your character’s lives is very enjoyable!

What is the hardest aspect of being a writer?
Wanting to get the story written more quickly, but knowing that everything needs time and patience. And at times, the self-doubt of whether it’s a book worth writing, but if I truly feel passionate about the story, I’ll stick to it.

Writers are sometimes influenced by things that happen in their own lives. Are you?
To an certain extent, but in some of my more recent manuscripts, I’m glad I haven’t experienced what some of my characters have. I’m also influenced by some things that I wished had happened in my life as a teen.

Tell us about your publications?
Well, at this point, my first book is my only publication and the first thing I actually submitted. Other than that, there is an anthology that I helped work on, which was published at the end of my course for Professional Writing and Editing. It’s called Painted Words 2014, which was done as a team at Bendigo TAFE.


What is the most surprising thing about writing/publishing you have learnt?
It can be a very busy business. Also, you can never do enough reviewing of drafts.

Other than writing what else do you love?
Watching DVDS, listening to music, some reading, hanging out with friends and family and sleeping!

What would your dream location for writing be?
A nice office with a great city view!
Five words that sum you up.
Honest. Motivated. Friendly. Polite. Individual.

How can we learn more?
The author home page of Morris Publishing Australia. http://www.morrispublishingaustralia.com/adem-besim.html

Congratulations Adem and best wishes
with your writing journey!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment