Tuesday 26 May 2015

In Conversation with Brian Mccully.

 
Today I am thrilled to welcome a local (to Geelong) author, Brian McCully. Today Brian will share some of his publishing journey with his debut book that just had to be written!


Quick Plug …
The book is called Why Goldfish Never Die. A bit of a quirky title but the idea was to get people thinking and to bring a smile of secretly knowing…well, that’s not what mine did!  
 
Tell us a little about your writing journey.
I’m quite happy not to be a writer! I love what I do in my normal job. This was just something that I’ve been nurturing for many years, ideas and questions about life that I wanted to try and put into greater sense.
 
What do you enjoy most about being a writer?
Putting words together…whether it be in poems or prose…. in ways that sound beautiful or that bring to mind images and emotions that create a feeling of shared being with the person reading. Well, I hope that’s what the reader feels!
 
What is the hardest aspect of being a writer?
Hoping that it sounds ok, that it makes sense and that when people read it, the emotions and beauty that it brings to them lingers enough to create a moment of joy.
 
Writers are sometimes influenced by things that happen in their own lives. Are you?
The experience of living, the ever present question of why are we here. My working life is surrounded in every moment by the presence of such things. Of life, of new life in the making and of new life being born.
 
Tell us about your publications?
My work and life has always been in medicine.

 
What is the most surprising thing about writing/publishing you have learnt?
It’s hard!
 
Other than writing what else do you love?
Being fit and well. I love the feeling of riding, of running and swimming. I love eating food and the celebration of all things wonderful. I love watching movies, of being stirred to tears and joy and above all, I love my kids, my partner and all those who share my life and make it meaningful.
 
What would your dream location for writing be?
Here. I love being home.
 
Five words that sum you up.
I dream.
I believe.
I’m determined.
I never give up.
I love.
How can we learn more?
Amazon for the kindle version of book.
 
FACEBOOK - Why Goldfish Never Die.


Thanks for visiting the Dream Big ... Read Often blog and all the very best Brian!


 

 



 


No comments:

Post a Comment