Monday 26 January 2015

Happy Australia Day!


All around Australia there are celebrations happening all over the long weekend to celebrate this national day. Fireworks, BBQ's, swim at the beach, family days - it's happening everywhere!

I love celebrating this public holiday because I am thankful for this beautiful, amazing, diverse country I live in. I appreciate the way of life we get to live here. I am grateful for the privileges and opportunities my children will get to have just because they are citizens here. I believe this day is a day worth celebrating.

So to help you appreciate Australia a little bit more, here are some weird and wonderful facts.
  • Over 85% of people live within 50km's of the coast.
  • Australia is the 6th largest country.
  • Kangaroo's and Emu's cannot walk backwards.
  • The longest fence in the world is found here. Over 5,500 kms long!
  • Australia has 10 out of the 15 most poisonous snakes in the world.
  • There are close to one million camels roaming the outback.
  • A single cattle ranch in S.A is bigger than Israel.
  • The wine cask is an Australian invention.



1 comment:

  1. Aw, I missed your day. Sorry.

    Happy Belated Australia Day!

    ReplyDelete