Tuesday 28 July 2015

In Conversation with Malcolm Wells



 

Today we welcome fellow Morris Publishing Australia author, Malcolm Wells!


Tell us a little about your writing journey.

I have been writing for a number of years, mainly short stories and poetry. This was mostly for my own enjoyment, although I have had work published over the years. I only began writing in earnest when I retired two years ago.


What do you enjoy most about being a writer?

Communicating with people, and hopefully entertaining or informing them.


What is the hardest aspect of being a writer?

Writing to a deadline and a word limit. Last year I started writing a weekly column for a newspaper and it can be challenging to come up with a topical and entertaining column week after week.


Writers are sometimes influenced by things that happen in their own lives. Are you?

The bulk of my writing over the last few years has been influenced by events in my own life. I only recently re-visited the fantasy and sci-fi genres for inspiration.


Tell us about your publications?

In the last two years I have had approximately eighty articles and stories published on the ABC Open website. I also have my columns in the Morning Bulletin in Central Queensland. I have had a number of short stories published in magazines over the years; the most recent being a story in the CQ University magazine Idiom. I have also had half a dozen poems published in various anthologies.
 

 

What is the most surprising thing about writing/publishing you have learnt?
How satisfying it is to see your work in print.

Other than writing what else do you love?
I love photography. I currently have over 1,000 photos published in various projects on the ABC Open site. I have also had numerous photos published in various newspapers over the past few years.

I am concerned with conservation and environmental issues, and use my photography and writing skills to help highlight environmental issues.


What would your dream location for writing be?

I am living in my dream location on the Capricorn Coast of Central Queensland.
 
Five words that sum you up.
Inquisitive – dedicated – loyal – hyper-active - content


How can we learn more?


 
 

 
ABC Open: https://open.abc.net.au/people/6458



Thanks so much for visiting the blog Malcolm. All the best with your future projects!

 


 



No comments:

Post a Comment