Saturday 4 May 2013

New Novel News!

A squeal and squeeze with anyone who reads this - I just had to share. I think I just wrote the final chapter for my next novel! I was writing a scene and realised that it would be perfect for the finale. Hmmm, now I just have to work out what happens in the middle!
This is great, with Destiny Road I truly didn't know the ending until I got there.
 
 
Because of this discovery tonight and due to a fabulous writing session I started thinking...In writing people aften talk about being a planner or a pantser. Some writers plan verything to the last detail before they evn begin writing. They know all the character backstories, the plots, subplots, they even know the beginning, middle and end.
 
Other writers are 'pantsers'.That is short for fly by th seat of their pants. The writer doesn't necessarily know what will happen next or the order of events. They tend to go with the flow and see where the story takes them.
I am a pantser when writing but a planner in real life.
 
So tell me ... which one are you in real life?
A planner? Or a pantser?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment